What to do after the storm:
- If your home was damaged, focus on creating a scope of everything that was damaged and what it will cost to repair or replace.
- To keep a clean record and avoid premium increases, don't file a claim until you review your policy and you think your loss will exceed your deductible and be covered. Read: To claim or not to claim...
- If the damage was sudden and accidental and triggered by the storm, don't accept a claim denial argument from your insurer or agent that it was due to faulty construction or maintenance. The insurer cashed your premium checks and insured your property "as is".
- If you file a claim and your insurer rejects it, make sure you get a clear and detailed explanation of their position. Read: www.uphelp.org/speakUP. Claim and coverage disputes are rarely as clear cut as your insurer makes them out to be.
- The answer to whether your town or city will pay to repair flooding damage to your home is..."it depends."
SERVPRO of South Arlington is here for all of your restoration needs