How to prepare before a hurricane
How to prepare before a hurricane:
Protecting your Pets & Animals;
Prepare a pet emergency kit for your companion animals.
Protecting your home;
- Protect windows with permanent storm shutters or invest in one-half inch marine plywood that is pre-cut to fit your doors and windows.
- Identify a place to store lawn furniture, toys, gardening tools and trash cans (away from stairs and exits) to prevent them from being moved by high winds and possibly hurting someone.
- Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts to prevent flooding and unnecessary pressure on the awnings.
- Remember that standard homeowners insurance doesn’t cover flooding but flood insurance does. Get information at FloodSmart.gov.
Right before a hurricane:
- Listen to local area radio, NOAA radioor TV stations for the latest information and updates.
- Be prepared to evacuatequickly and know your routes and destinations. Find a local emergency shelter.
- Check your emergency kitand replenish any items missing or in short supply, especially medications or other medical supplies. Keep it nearby.
SERVPRO of South Arlington is here for all of your restoration needs.