With the summer time here and the heat increasing daily let's remember to conserve our water usage.
Did you know that 50% of water used outdoors is wasted from inefficient watering methods.
The City of Arlington has teamed up with an irrigation company and is offering 100 free irrigation system checkups to Arlington homeowners.
Watering outdoors is not allowed between 10am and 6pm.
Water Conservation Tips for inside the home:
Practice Water Saving Techniques:
- Scrape food from plates instead of rinsing.
- Operate automatic dish washers only when full.
- Don't use running water to thaw meat, defrost food in the refrigerator.
- Wash vegetables and fruits in a bowl, don't let water run.
- Capture tap water while waiting for hot water.
- DO NOT IGNORE WATER APPLIANCE LEAKS